Sunday, November 20, 2011

Almost turkey day

Yesterday we went out to Bruegaman lumber for a Amish benefit. They had pies and homemade bread and grilled chicken dinners. We had ours last night after getting home form church. They started cooking the pies at 3:30 in the morning. Today we went out to Bescanson church for their annual turkey dinner. They had Turkey ham dressing, Mashed taters green beans cranberry salad pies and beer or coffee. We met
Gene and Sylvia there. Had a nice visit. Later this afternoon I started on the leaves again. We have one more week before they pick up again. I got one load and have some more in the trailer. Hope to finish up tomorrow. Thelma had eye appt tomorrow afternoon and Tues Eli gets groomed and we get tires on the front of the Vue and Wed I have eye appt. Boy busy week. Last week we took the trailer to New Castle to have the brakes and bearings done. Also going to try and get a new faucet in the kitchen. Well guess that's it for now. Later Ron Thelma and Eli

4 comments:

  1. So what was the Amish benefit for... maybe to help an Amish family with a loss or medical bills? I don't think they buy insurance. Bescanson is a Catholic church, isn't it, near New Haven? They get to have beer at their dinners. Ha! Yes, it does sound like you have a busy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sounding dinner. I just love turkey dinners. And you wore me out with your list of things to get done. Take it easy when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that talk about food is making me hungry. I remember where Bescanson is - We used to go there square dancing with Paul and Jeanne years ago. I can't imagine serving beer with a turkey dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beer doesn't even sound good with turkey dinner.

    ReplyDelete