Monday, February 20, 2012

Tarpon Springs, Fl

Today three of us couples drove to Tarpon Springs. This is the sponge capital of the US. Thelma and I rode with one couple of and came home with the other couple. We had a great time. Too bad it is so far there. We didn't have a lot of time to see everything. We left at 9 and got back about 6:30. Made a long day for Eli. Here are  a few pictures from that trip

At lunch one of the ladies ordered an appetizer. It is some kind of cheese that they set on fire. Man what flames. When this waiter was clearing our table he took on to many plates as one dropped on the floor
Don't know what kind of duck this is. If anyone knows let me know I have a couple of more to post that I don't know. I like taking pictures of the wildlife
Okay what is this one, He just sat there all the time.
This one was right where a guy was fishing. He was looking for a handout. There was supposed to be some dolphins in this bay but we did not see any.
Need help on this one too. Sure glad some people know there wildlife. I need to get a book on these I guess. Well that is all for tonight.  Later all  Ron Thelma and Eli



4 comments:

  1. Love the bird pics but I don't have a clue as to what they are. So I'm no help at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue either. Not something that hangs around in my back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you were there too.....we could have passed each other on the street..had we known we would have picked a spot to meet up!!! We were there most of the day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bird on the post could be nesting on eggs. Sometimes when the post rots in the center it leaves a depression that waterbirds often use as nests.

    ReplyDelete