Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dr visit

Went to the Dr yesterday afternoon for my 6 month check. He said yes you are doing good. My a1c is 6.2 which is really good. Last year when I first found out that I had SD it was 11. something. My cholesterol is way down too. Can't remember what it was but it is really good too. So I was pleased. I had seemed to be high the last couple of weeks but he said that is why they do the 3 month thing. When we get to warmer weather where I can get out and walk it should help. Not sure exactly when we will leave but want to get down to Lake Wales a least a couple of days before the new year if the weather cooperates. That is the problem with leaving this late.  Well that is it for tonight  later all Ron Thelma and Eli

3 comments:

  1. Glad your numbers are good, but I don't know what a1c is or SD. ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to hear good news on the health front. But I'm with Judy - not sure what the a1c of SD is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a1c is a 3 month blood test which shows how much your blood sugar goes up and down, it is the gold standard as far as my doctor is concerned for diabetes. The lower the #, the better, they aim to keep you under 7.

    Congrats Ron, that is a VERY good number, I should be so lucky to ever get mine down that low. Keep up the good work, whatever it is that you are doing!

    ReplyDelete