Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elmendorf TX

We got here south of San Antonio about 12:15 this afternoon. The spots are really tight I need to take a picture so you can see. They have some other spots that are not as narrow. Don't know how you get them. This morning when I was getting ready to take Eli  out Thelma looked out the window and said look at all the turkeys. So I put a leash on Eli and grabbed my camera and went out Here is the result
I have a lot more There were about 28 of them I think Then when I looked around the truck here is what I saw
Think is Momma and here kids. Maybe One is smaller than the other. Didn't see any bucks
We enjoyed the wild life here The fort thing was not what we thought we would see.  These deer are whitetail like we have back home we also saw some other deer Monday evening at the golf course. Here is some of them
These are Axis deer. There were about 20 of them on the golf course. They were eating everywhere.  Probably the only green grass around as everything is dry. We went to Del Rio on Tues afternoon. We did not have time to see everything  Here is a picture from down there

In the center is a butterfly. It was hard to see and photograph. He kept moving from bush to bush. Well guess that's about it for tonight. I'm using the air card as the wifi is not very good They have cable here too but couldn't get the TV in the living room to pick it up Not sure what is with that. It worked at the campground we just left. I will have to play with it. We can get a couple of channels on the air side.That will work. Not sure what we are going to do yet tomorrow. We need to plan where we are going for the next few days.   Well that's it for tonight  Later all Ron Thelma and Eli

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. How did Eli react to the turkeys? Or did he just ignore them?

    ReplyDelete