Thursday, March 17, 2011

Last day

Well this is it Tomorrow we leave for northern parts. We will go to Georgetown for one night and then to Canton for the Retiree Rally. Today we went to the zoo. Boy what a trip. It is spring break down here and I think most of the people are staying here and doing stuff in town. They were packed. They said yesterday they had 17,000 people go through. Tonight they said about 15,000. Yea I believe them. Here are some pictures from our visit
The pink flamingos Stretching his wings

Komodo dragon if I remember right. Boy we saw so many animals. This is a great zoo

The Geiko He wouldn't turn around for me.

This is a squirell but can't remember what kind it is. We bought Eli one just like it the other day . Oh his was stuffed.

This is a fishing cat. They will go in the water to catch fish

Spotted leapard I think.

This is a scarlet ibid Look at the beak on this one

Amethyrst Starling

This is a parakeet Ringed neck


Now the Bird of America A bald eagle. There was supposed to be two of them but could only find one of them

Okay A couple of things I forgot the other night. We did not see CC the alamo cat. She is 15 yrs old and wasn't feeling well so was down in the voulunteers lounge. I talked to a lady there and she told me. Sop Barb we did not see her. Also to Ananomous. If you click on the picture you will see it is the Crockett Hotel. We did see the other one Saw a little inside it. Well We have had a great time here Wish we had more time. Some friends spent a month here a couple of years ago. Now I know why. Well that is it for tonight. Tomorrow we are to have good wifi so I will upload the pictures that I have taken here and down south in the Valley. I hope we have a little more room there.  Later all Ron Thelma and Eli

2 comments:

  1. Most zoos have signs that tell you what the animal is but I can never remember until I get a chance to caption the picture. So I generally take a picture of the sign also. Once I caption the picture I delete the picture of the sign. It's not like I need to buy film. Just a trick I use once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. We have been places like that where there is so much to see and not enough time to see it all. Look forward to seeing all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete